About Deerfield Valley Community Partnership
Deerfield Valley Community Partnership Vision:
"The Deerfield Valley will be a healthy and safe community".
"Our mission is to reduce drug and alcohol use among our youth".
The Partnership is a group of adult and youth volunteers who meet monthly. This group includes youth, teachers, police officers, parents, business owners, civic group representatives, health care representatives, and other concerned community members.
DVCP monthly meetings are held at Twin Valley High School on the third or fourth Monday of each month from 5:30-7:30pm. Please see our meeting calendar for dates. Meetings include a catered dinner, the hearing of reports on recent activities, committee work, brainstorming new ideas, and educational presentations.
What we hope to accomplish:
- Increase the number of young adults, middle and high school students who are involved in healthy, drug free activities.
- Increase knowledge of harmful effects of drugs & alcohol.
- Raise community awareness of alcohol, tobacco and other drug issues.
- Increase parenting skills and knowledge of appropriate ways to deal with teen behavior.
- Increase the number of parents and adults participating in healthy activities with young people.
DVCP serves all schools in the Windham Southwest Supervisory Union:
Twin Valley Elementary School
W. Halifax Elementary School
Readsboro Elementary School
Stamford Elementary School
Twin Valley Middle High School